Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Platinum Day Of Love: Everyday till eternity!



26th of April 2012
This is the day I met you. I keep thinking about the wonderful months we have spent together. But I still cannot find one more beautiful than this one.

I was at my friend’s place, for her mehendi ceremony. I was looking around for you since morning. I was curious to see the man who everyone was talking about with so much zeal. But more importantly, I wanted to once meet the guy who made me blush without even talking to me directly. Unknowingly  - the guy who I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with- Now I understand the restlessness. It was just three days ago that we had had an encounter on a social networking site over a picture, debating. I distinctly remember every word of that conversation- without having to revisit it even once. I remember how I gallantly stalked your profile and saw a picture of you, blushed the moment it went on full screen and shut down the computer, wondering what dawned over me to stalk someone I don’t even know. That is not me. Then again, I changed completely ever since I met you - and that change had begun that very instant.
Just when my impatience was reaching its peak, you entered- more like brought life into the room- suddenly all the hustle and bustle of a wedding home was background music to me, and all that seemed to exist from that very instant was you. I noticed your voice- still crazy about it. Noticed how you had an eyebrow piercing - and noticed how I was developing an interest in you. I remember thinking each and every second of that day, ‘this is so not me’, and trying to let go. But it had to happen.
I remember being teased earlier that day- about being yours. Little did I know that I really was.
You struck up a conversation, flirted, yet made me feel so comfortable. Somehow everything happened at a perfect time- we flirted, worked together, even shared plates! You talked about wedding rings- made a joke about having our names engraved on each other’s platinum bands. It was a joke- yet it did not seem weird or funny. It felt so right, as it has always meant to be. That one day (and each day since) gave me the happiness of a thousand days together.
Something- not God, not me, not you- something in this universe knew we were supposed to be- and whatever IT was, it knew what was to come- even though we didn’t. The day you proposed, just a couple of days later- did not seem too soon. Hearing the words ‘I love you’ from you did not seem too soon, I believed you- because IT knew there is no denying what is to happen. You making a trip across the country to meet me in just ten days did not seem wrong- because IT knew. And when I saw you before my eyes, “I” knew that this is where I want to be, and need to be for the rest of my life.
IT knew before we did- but when we did, we made sure we made it work, without the constraints of a long distance relationship, fights, and the endless number of reasons the world could give us to not be together. It was hard- but today I feel it was all worth it.
On this day, the 26th of April, exchanging platinum bands with our names engraved on them, just like you had mentioned exactly a year ago - I feel that whatever bad times we have been through, and whatever bad times that are yet to come- I know we will do great at life and I know we will be in it together- and that is all that matters to me.
Forever yours.
This Post is Written By Nivedita Wadhwa on Platinum Day of Love
Nivedita is a Final year MBBS student at Topiwala National Medical College, Mumbai. Fortunately Nivedita Happens to be my girlfriend, and she wrote this piece for our 6 months anniversary. 

No comments: